Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Getting to the Points

As an amateur foodie, I love experimenting with food. I love playing with flavors and trying new things. I love looking up recipes and then taking my own spin on them. This is because cooking calms me. The act of preparing ingredients and mixing them to perfection on my stove is soothing and satisfying. In part because once it's complete, I get to eat. Which can create its own stresses.

Last summer, I weighed 181 lbs and, on an extreme diet, lost 15 lbs, getting me down to 166 lbs. But somehow, by this fall, I got myself back up to 192 lbs. Not wanting to go on the extreme diet again (if you're doing the math, I have  30 lbs to lose to get to the same weight I'd gotten to last summer), I asked my gastroenterologist what would be the healthiest way to lose weight, and his answer surprised me: Weight Watchers. So, I've started doing Weight Watchers, and I'm happy to say that over a little more than a week, I've lost 1.4 lbs. So something is working.

I decided it would be best to track both my weight loss and the recipes I create to lose that weight. So, getting to the point, this blog will get to the Weight Watchers Points of all the food I create as I attempt to get back to the weight I'd reached last summer--and maybe ten or so lbs further! I invite you to follow me on my journey!
__________________________

You can follow me and this blog on Twitter:

No comments:

Post a Comment